Thursday, January 8, 2009

7 and a half months old

Well being the internet addicted, blog loving Momma that I am, I have no idea why it took me so long to start a blog for Nathan. He is just a little over a week away from being 8 months old... I could have posted SO many things about his life by now had I started sooner. But... oh well...

So here we go. Thus begins my blog about my sweet little man, Nathan David. He is absolutely the most amazing little man and I ADORE him!! He is a very happy, mellow, easy going, and sweet baby. He loves to smile and laugh and sing. The newest developments in his life are that he got his first two teeth, and he crawls... well sort of... his style of crawling is really more like "the worm" but it gets him where he needs to go and he has rug burn on both his knees to show for it!!

Photobucket

He just recently celebrated his first Thanksgiving, his first Christmas, and his first New Years. He enjoyed all three! He got to eat sweet potatoes for the first time at Thanksgiving - he LOVES sweet potatoes! He got his picture taken with Santa and LAUGHED through the whole thing. He got an insane amount of gifts from all of his relatives at Christmas... being the very first grandchild makes for much spoiling!! He got to eat fruit for the first time at Christmas... he LOVES applesauce and bananas... and a mixture of the two that I like to call "Banapple".

Photobucket

Sadly... at 4 and a half months old, Nathan lost his Grandma, my Mom. She passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly and we have all been living in deep sadness since having lost her. Nathan may not remember his Grandma... but I will always remember how much he loved her for the few short months that he had her in his life. She adored him - and the feeling was mutual. I will tell Nathan about his wonderful Grandma all his life.

Well... that may not get things completely caught up - but I think it is a good starting point. And so begins the blog of Nathan... the journal of his life! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Meredith! It's Tricia from CHS. I found your blog thanks to Facebook. Your baby boy is so beautiful. Congratulations!! And I'm so sorry about your mama. I cried when I read that. My heart goes out to you. I admire you for your strength - I don't know how I would survive that. All of my love to you.

    ReplyDelete